Monday, February 6, 2012

Shit my Mom Says...

Not one thing my Mother has said to me over the years has really stuck with me so the title to this blog post isn't entirely accurate.  However, the thing I learned about my Mom is that she's got a super hero sense in regards to affairs of the heart.  While I look back at my last blog post, I notice that shit my Dad has said to me was logical in nature.  When I think of the shit my Mom has said to me, it's been based on situations emotional in nature.

Ladies.  Surprisingly enough, Men do have hearts.  We just know they're dumb most of the time so we follow a path of logic more often than not and it drives you all crazy.  Then you don't understand us, get frustrated with us, and we come to not understand you and get frustrated just the same.  Wash, rinse, repeat. But, I digress.

What I've learned from shit my Mom has said is that she's always right when it comes to advice about relationships.  I hated admitting that because I want to tear relationships apart with a socket wrench and look at the logical side of it all.  Well, there is no logic in love so a take handed to you by the fairer sex and, more importantly, by the Woman who literally pushed you out into this harsh world full of pain, ignorance, and confusion can, and usually does, hold great value.  A good Mother and most Mother's want only the best for their offspring.  As they let them out of the den and into the wild, they can only hope and pray that their children's lives are filled with happiness and nothing more.  My Mother has always wanted that for me and it took me until I was almost 30 years old to finally realize that her word on relationships carry great weight and meaning.

Thanks for that and so much more, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment